Thank you for your interest in referring someone to the Brazos Valley Food Bank’s Together We Grow (TWG) Program.
The goal of TWG is to help individuals begin a career they can build a life on.
Through career-readiness training and hands-on skills practice managing a fruit and vegetable garden, participants of TWG (“Mentors in Training”) will work as a group to build on their strengths while learning new skills to thrive. Participants in Together We Grow will create a community – learning from each other, contributing their unique strengths and skills, and supporting their fellow Mentors in Training, while planning and preparing for success in a full-time job and long-term career.
Once TWG Mentors in Training have begun their new career, they can rely on TWG staff and each other for coaching to support their growth in that first year.
To be eligible to participate in Together We Grow, they:
• Must reside in Brazos County
• Be 18 years or older
• Be able to communicate in English
• Be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Not have convictions of a violent nature (must pass a criminal background check)
• Have a household income of 80% or below the median income
• Currently receive or have received food assistance in the past 12 months
• Be motivated to learn and grow
• Be willing to work full-time
• Starting January 7th, attend daily, in-depth personal and professional development activities for five weeks
(Mon – Fri, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm).
• Have or be able to secure transportation to and from all TWG program activities and employer interviews
All eligible applicants are served on a first-come, first-serve basis. If we receive a higher volume of applications than spots available, then the applicant will be placed on a waiting list.
Questions? Give us a call at (979) 779-3663 and ask to speak with a Together We Grow staff member.