Despite COVID-19, the Brazos Valley Food Bank (BVFB) plans to remain open, as do the majority of our food distribution partners (at this time). You matter!
Please keep reading for FAQ.
SNAP benefits help people buy the food they need for good health
You can contact the Brazos Valley Food Bank for help applying for:
- SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
For free, no cost help in applying for SNAP call 979-779-3663 ext. 105 and ask for Cheryl Butler.
*Because we value your safety, applications will be done via telephone.*
To request home delivered food for elderly and other high risk individuals:
Madison County: Call Sonshine Outreach Center at (936) 348-5282
Washington County: Call Bread Partners at (979) 836-1553
Faith Mission Call Center 1-800-845-8035
Call Center provides resources and assistance for those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic:
• information regarding the virus, medical services, current declarations and executive orders
• volunteer opportunities
• other community services
• home delivered groceries for seniors over 60 who are sick or shut-in
Franklin ISD: Call Ferman Richards (Franklin Food Pantry) at (979) 676-0416
Distribution Partner Changes:
Anderson Food Pantry: Will only distribute in the morning 9am-12noon on the 1st Thursday of each month (no distribution in the evenings 5-7pm) until further notice.
Are Food Pantries still open?
The Boys & Girls Club of the Brazos Valley (Bryan) - REOPENING WEDNESDAY, JUNE 6th
Wellborn Food Expo (College Station) - REOPENING WEDNESDAY, JUNE 6th
Brazos Church Pantry will temporarily serve Grimes and Burleson County residents, as well as Brazos County residents.
Christian Community Service Center (Navasota) – re-opening March 31st. Tues/Thurs 9am - Noon drive thru distribution. Call the day before to verify openings (936) 825-7454
Beginning Monday, 3/23, Salvation Army will be open to serve those affected by COVID Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 9a-4p; Friday 9a-2p; Regular food pantry (non-COVID) Wed. 9-3:30p or until they run out
The following pantries are closed:
The Bridge Ministries - Closed, will reopen the week of July 6th-12th
Fresh Food (Produce) Drops
Teen Challenge Food drop (Brenham) - Closed
Is there anything new that I need to know about getting food assistance?
- Mobile Food Pantries will be drive through only. This is for everyone’s safety
- Food Pantries in buildings will distribute differently – they may only allow one household inside at a time; they may bring your food out to your car and do paperwork through the car window. Other differences like this may happen – for your safety. Please be flexible.
- Volunteer should be wearing gloves
PANDEMIC-EBT ONE-TIME FOOD ASSISTANCE
INFORMATION FROM 2-1-1
Helpful COVID-19 Virus Links