The Brazos Valley Food Bank partners with medical providers to identify food insecure families and individuals and connect those identified with resources.
As a Screen & Intervene Partner Site, you will work alongside the Brazos Valley Food Bank to help address hunger in your community.
How Do We Screen?
There are 2 simple, nationally validated and widely used questions, available in multiple languages, which experience has shown are best provided in writing and can be added to patient check in materials or included in a broader health assessment.
Click here for more information about Hunger Screening and Intervention.
How Do We Respond to Patients who Screen Positive for Food Insecurity?
- Referral to Care Coordination team and other resources
- Resource handout
- Offer food on-site
The Brazos Valley Food Bank:
- Raises funds and acquires food for Screen & Intervene
- Packs Screen & Intervene boxes, with the help of many volunteers
- Delivers Screen & Intervene boxes to Screen & Intervene Partner Sites
- Provides a simple, constantly updated resource handout
Each Screen & Intervene Partner Site:
- Identifies food insecure patients using 2 simple, nationally validated and widely used questions
- Refer identified food insecure patients to resources
- Safely stores Screen & Intervene boxes until delivered to patients (if providing food)
- Report each month, telling us about the population served through the Screen & Intervene Program
Become a Screen & Intervene Partner site - If your clinic is interested in more information about Screen & Intervene, contact Morayo Suara at email@example.com