The Brazos Valley Food Bank partners with medical providers to identify food insecure families and individuals and connect those identified with resources.
As a Screen & Intervene Partner Site, you will work alongside the Brazos Valley Food Bank to help address hunger in your community.
How Do We Screen?
There are 2 simple, nationally validated and widely-used questions, available in multiple languages, which experience has shown are best provided in writing and can be added to patient check in materials or included in a broader health assessment.
Click here for more information about Hunger Screening and Intervention.
How Do We Respond to Patients who Screen Positive for Food Insecurity?
- Referral to Care Coordination team and other resources
- Resource handout
- Offer food on-site
The Brazos Valley Food Bank:
- Raises funds and acquires food for Screen & Intervene
- Packs Screen & Intervene boxes, with the help of many volunteers
- Delivers Screen & Intervene boxes to Screen & Intervene Partner Sites
- Provides a simple, constantly updated resource handout
Each Screen & Intervene Partner Site:
- Identifies food insecure patients using 2 simple, nationally validated and widely used questions
- Refer identified food insecure patients to resources
- Safely stores Screen & Intervene boxes until delivered to patients (if providing food)
- Report each month, telling us about the population served through the Screen & Intervene Program
Become a Screen & Intervene Partner site - If your clinic is interested in more information about Screen & Intervene, contact Morayo Suara at firstname.lastname@example.org