The Brazos Valley Food Bank partners with schools and summer youth programs to provide nutritious and easy to prepare food to children who are at risk of going hungry over the weekend. As a BackPack Partner Site, you will work alongside the Brazos Valley Food Bank to help address childhood hunger at your site.
The Brazos Valley Food Bank:
- Raises funds to acquire food for BackPack bags
- Packs BackPack bags with the help of many volunteers
- Delivers BackPack bags to BackPack program partners
- Offers annual training to BackPack Site Coordinators
Each BackPack Partner Site:
- Designates one person to serve as the BackPack Site Coordinator, acting as the liaison with the Brazos Valley Food Bank
- Safely stores BackPack bags until they are passed out to children
- Identifies and enrolls children who will benefit most from receiving a weekly BackPack bag
- Distributes BackPack bags to enrolled children to take home over the weekend
- Tracks and reports bags distributed
Being a BackPack Partner Site requires dedication and great communication within your site and with the Brazos Valley Food Bank. If you are interested in becoming a BackPack Program partner, click the link below.
Interested in becoming a BackPack Partner Site?
Winter Murphy – Special Programs Manager
979-779-3663 ext. 113