The Brazos Valley Food Bank (BVFB) partners with home delivered meal programs to provide nutritious and easy to prepare food to seniors who are at risk of going hungry over the weekend.
As a Senior Outreach Partner Site, you will work alongside the Brazos Valley Food Bank to help address senior hunger in your community.
The Brazos Valley Food Bank:
- Raises funds and acquires food for the Senior Bags
- Packs Senior Bags, with the help of many volunteers
- Delivers Senior Bags to Senior Outreach Partner Sites
Each Senior Outreach Partner Site:
- Identifies seniors who could benefit most from receiving a Senior Bag, and delivers Senior Bags to those identified seniors
- Safely stores Senior Bags until delivered to seniors
- Report each month, telling us about the population served through the Senior Outreach Program
Interested in becoming a Senior Outreach Partner Site?
We know that the Senior Bag program doesn’t reach all the low-income seniors who could benefit from the program. We are looking to learn more about programs serving seniors in the Brazos Valley, and how we can work together to ensure that seniors have the nutrition they need to stay healthy.
If you would like more information on becoming a Senior Outreach Partner Site, contact Heather Murphy – Special Programs Manager at HeatherM@bvfb.org or (979) 779-3663 ext. 113.