- Fifty percent (50%) of food distributed by the Brazos Valley Food Bank passes through partner agencies .
- Another 30% is distributed through Food Fairs held at partner agencies in partnership with the Houston Food Bank who supplies the truck and food (if they have a food fair section on their website, link to it). Food Fairs supplement regular partner agency food pantries, often times focusing on fresh produce.
- Twelve percent (12%) of the food distributed is through the Brazos Valley Food Bank’s special programs, including Children’s BackPacks, Senior Bags, Mobile Food Pantries, School-Based Food Pantries, Screen & Intervene and Food Expo programs.
- Another 8% is distributed through accredited drop sites and special events*.
* Examples of drop sites including Public Housing, and BVCOG Agencies, Meals on Wheels and WIC. Special events include annual back to school events and Thanksgiving in the Brazos Valley